Wednesday, March 12, 2008

HDSL, v 2.0



Smuckers Simply Fruit | Blackberry Flavor: the best thing since peanut butter and jelly. I will eat this with peanut butter, toast, biscuits -- you name it. But any of those things aren't complete without this spread.


Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook | Hensperger and Kaufmann: This is on my wishlist because I know that I will need lots of slow cooker recipes when we're married and both working full time. It will be nice to make dinner in the morning, make JT's lunch, go to work, and workout and then come home for dinner. We'll see if life and all of its busyness affords me that luxury.

Reflections for Ragamuffins | Manning: If you know anything about me, you must know how much I was changed by Brennan Manning's book, The Ragamuffin Gospel. This book includes devotionals based on his previous work, and I can't believe I'm just starting to read it. This will be on my bedside table for many years, I can guarantee that!

August Rush: I'm so excited this movie finally came out on DVD! I saw it twice in the theatre and was totally inspired by it. Well, I haven't done much, but it fed my desire to find something, do it well, and be passionate about it. I recommend it for anyone who likes music or feel-good stories. Aside from Robin Williams' especially creepy role, the whole story makes it one of my favorite movies.

Long Line of Leavers | Caedmon's Call: Do you ever come across one of those CDs where you like absolutely every song? It doesn't happen often for me, but this is the latest. It's kind of ironic because right before I met JT, I started playing soccer and fell in love with Caedmon's Call and Derek Webb, one of their original singers who left the group to do solo work. Those are two of JT's absolute favorite things, so it had to have been God's perfect timing! Anyway, Derek's voice really shines in "What You Want," which is one of my favorite songs right now.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

send me the song!!! I get to see you in 2 days!!!!!!!