Saturday, March 29, 2008

busy bee

Well, it's been nearly two weeks since I've had time to post. How that time has escaped me, I don't know. Less than a month until the wedding and I'm really feeling it. That's just because the last week or so has been busy. Just like in every aspect in life, everyone who demands of you thinks that they are the only one demanding from you. There are vendors to be paid, final selections to be made, travel arrangements, itineraries to plan, and I've also ripped apart my room and would have a fine selection for a garage sale if I ever had time. I'm trying desperately to condense my life, but so far, my room just looks like a tornado hit it.

It's been really hard not to get frustrated when people demand from me or don't respect my time. Especially if they ask me to do something that they can do perfectly well themselves. Just something I am working through. But I am exhausted, I can admit here.

To top it all off, I'm flying to Colorado Springs at 7:00 this morning to be in a friend's wedding. It's 1:42am right now and I've pretty much packed. By that I mean all of the clothes I'm bringing are folded in a chair. I just have to find a suitcase that will accommodate everything, plus the bridesmaid's dress. (I have to tell you. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I look pretty hott in it. I really should have gotten it in white, if you know what I mean!)

When one area of life picks up, others are bound to follow suit. I got offered a promotion at work pending the terms of a raise (!!) and while I am delighted that my bosses trust me with the responsibilities, it means I have new responsibilities and have to find some way to juggle them. I've been bringing work home with me, which I hate to do and certainly wouldn't make a practice of except we're trying to get ahead before I leave for the honeymoon and there aren't enough hours in the day.

So that's the craziness I call life. Hopefully when this wedding's over, I will have time to kick back and relax. Just thinking about it is making me sleepy, so I'd better finish packing so I can make my 4:44 alarm!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

oo, wedding..let me guess i know greg was getting married around this time.. so is Katie.. hrm..whichever one it was i hope it went well!!
Um..yes my health.. So, i've basically been on Prednisone (steroid) since the end of September 07 and its been quite the trip to get off of it.. its has been a long process. Friday was the first time i did not have to take it..other words i am off of it!..yay!!..so i celebrated with safeway chinese.. dean came over too! :)

Lindsey said...

I am sorry your life is so crazy. I know it will slow down after the wedding! keep me posted and call anytime, love you!

Dr. G said...

The wedding will be a blast. I am looking forward to a great celebration of God and what He has chosen to put together!

btw: I have been doing a study these past few weeks and if you would like to see the rough outline it is on my new site.

Love.