Tuesday, January 22, 2008

sweet dreams are made of these

JT has been gone skiing, his last hurrah before he goes under the knife for his fourth ankle surgery on VALENTINE'S DAY. (I know! Cruel, evil doctors!) Anyway, God had this funny little way of making me extra excited to see him for the first time in four days today.

I dreamed that we were in a public place that looked strangely like what I've envisioned our reception will look like. Except all our friends were wearing Star Wars costumes.

(This may sound strange, but my dorm room had three life-sized Star Wars cutouts, so I wouldn't put it past me.)

JT was nowhere to be found, and neither was Chewbacca. Everyone was making a commotion and it seemed they were trying to distract me.

"He's not ready for her yet!" is what I kept hearing underneath people's breath.

My anticipation was building as I scanned the crowd of people and searched for him. Not JT. That's not him. No JT.

I could tell he had something crazy up his sleeve. He has the best surprises, you know.

"THERE HE IS!" somebody yelled...

and then I woke up and desperately tried to resume the dream in my subconscious, but it didn't work. But now I am extra excited about seeing him after work!

3 comments:

Holly said...

LB- please take the sidebar! It is great, I love it and I need constant reminders of what my goals are. There is actually a website related to the 101 in 1001 you might be interested in: http://triplux.com/dayzero/ Anyway, try that if you can make it work!

Good job on the 5 bags, may we continue to get rid of the stuff that weighs us down!

Tracy said...

i loved the dream! :)
love ya Laurie

ACE said...

awww!! i love you guys!! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!! ;)