Saturday, February 16, 2008

valentine's and surgery


That is my handsome man! JT's surgery is over and he's recovering at home like a trooper. He's holding true to his motto of "Sooner Tough," even though those words are grating to my ears :)

They ended up having to do a lot more to him than we'd originally hoped. They had to reconstruct his shredded ligaments and reshape his bones and do all kinds of things in there.


He's in a hard cast as we feared, but only has to wear it for two weeks and a boot for four weeks after that. That's an answer to prayer! He'll have two weeks before the wedding to regain his strength and mobility. He's very strong, heals fast, and works hard, so I have no doubt that he'll be up and playing soccer in no time! Needless to say, he's in a lot of pain, so please keep his healing and pain relief in your prayers.

So our first Valentine's Day together wasn't quite like we'd imagined it would be. If you look back to Valentine's Day last year, I can't believe how much things have changed. It was such a wonderful day, though, to relax with him all day and be his helper. He is a wonderful patient. He has been so sweet and loving despite his pain. It's been hard to watch him in pain, but I feel like our relationship and our comfort with each other has improved even more.

On the way to his surgery, JT surprised me with our first Bible with our initials on it for Valentine's Day along with chocolate, a cupcake recipe book, and a sweet card. I had given him his presents ahead of time, but I threw in one last surprise:

heart-shaped sandwiches he'd been craving since he woke up from his surgery. Very "cheesy" of me, I know! Anyway, I feel like I am floating on air. I am so lucky to be marrying him!

2 comments:

ACE said...

awwwwwww, thats SO cute!! im praying for you guys!! hope you have a great weekend!! love you!!

Laura R said...

I stumbled upon your blog and was just reminded of what a lovely person you are! I'm very happy for you :)