Saturday, November 10, 2007

1110

Planning a wedding has been crazy, to say the least.

But it's been a little over three weeks and we have a church, a reception place, pastors, a caterer, a photographer, a dress, bridesmaids dresses, a florist, a band, musicians for the ceremony, candelabras, a place to make our cake, centerpieces almost figured out, and probably more.

And we have each other.

I am incredibly blessed every day to have JT in my life. He's kind and spontaneous and considerate and strong and passionate and bold and smart. He's a student of life, an artist, an athlete, a wonderful friend, and he's mine. He's not the man I have always dreamed of; he's proof that God knows our hearts and has better for us than ever could have imagined.

I can't wait to be his wife.

Until then, it will be busy busy busy as we try to merge our family traditions and tastes and opinions on everything. Our alone time has become more precious. Moments seem stolen and that much more sweet.

My mother, on the other hand, is full speed and million miles a minute as far as wedding talk goes. I don't think I've had a conversation with her that doesn't revolve around the wedding. That can be exhausting. We did find the most amazing candelabras today at a little florist shop. They are wrought iron, very reminiscent of the medieval/gothic period, and have intentional flaws that give them character.

Alone time and girl time has been lacking. I am kicking Project LGN into full force again. I am going to be one hott, buff bride if I have anything to say about it. My abs are certainly saying something about it today. Ughh!

So I am hanging on. Things at work have been crazy, but we're hiring two new people on Monday, so my job will get a lot easier. I'll have a more appropriate workload, anyway. You have no idea how relieved I am.

My goal, sometime in the near future, is to make it a habit to get up at least an hour early. That way I can exercise and pray and write and spend time by myself to gather my wits and strength to face another day. One thing I have learned is that sometimes being awake in a leisurely, relaxed frame of mind can be loads better than sleep for the sake of energy and sanity and peace.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

precious. we need some girl time...bad!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about waking up early . . . I just have trouble remembering that when I try to plan it. I have had amazing early-morning moments when I have accidentally woken up early, but i have trouble forcing myself to do it on a regular basis.

Em

Robyn said...

Amateur! Marty and I were MARRIED three weeks after he proposed!

ACE said...

i am right there with you on project LGN! I'm determined to look good in your wedding! lol...

I cannot wait to see you and finally get some girl time with YOU!

Suzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzie said...

ooopsie...

Isn't it amazing how God can give you above what you ask or think?

Goof the first time...

Suzie,

Prov 3:5-6

piper said...

Hello sweet girl!! I've missed seeing you! :) But, I found you again! Yay!

xo!

live compassionately said...

my job is going pretty well! I haven't done a whole lot yet, but I am liking it nonetheless! How are you, ms. busy bee? I miss you!