Sunday, December 16, 2007

four months and two days

Just in case anyone missed it, Oklahoma was hit by an ice storm. This one wasn't as bad as last year's because it didn't stick to the ground for weeks, but it did cause 100s of 1000s of electrical outages, including the house of yours truly.

I just checked and it did, in fact, make national media! It took 4 pages of searching google to find that article, mind you. It also brought up every Oklahoma ice storm in the past! Living without electricity was weird. I didn't realize how much I took the constant hum and glow of electricity for granted. Basically, my family built a fire in our fireplace and huddled around it in the dark for warmth. It was between 30-40 degrees in my house by the second day. JT is still out of power. He is camping out on my parents' couch because his electrical box was ripped off the wall by a fallen tree. Our poor future house! It took my dad, brother, and him 5 hours yesterday to clean up the mess of tree branches in his yard!
So I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I want to see PS: I Love You in the worst possible way. As in, I don't know if I can wait until opening night to see it. I'm so embarrassed that I have taken to calling it The Ultimate Chick Flick, because I can't lie; that's what it is. The thought of dragging JT to it makes me feel guilty, yet I couldn't imagine watching it without his bicep to squeeze and his sweater to sob into. That would be the ultimate act of sacrifice for the person you love. Okay, maybe not the ULTIMATE sacrifice, but short of giving something up or risking bodily harm...

I've been looking through some of my friends' pictures, particularly the newlyweds. One common theme I see: everyone has taste. They post pictures of their newly decorated houses, and I'm wondering where they found those cute prints? How did they know what drapes to pick out? More importantly, where did they get the money to finance all of those big spends? That got me thinking, I'm going to become domestic! We're going to have to save for bedroom furniture, and bathroom light fixtures, and countertop pottery for the kitchen. We're going to have to make his house into our first home.

I am going to be someone's wife and I couldn't be any more excited!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I really want to see that movie tooo! It was fun to see you tonight....and again and again and again the next few weeks!!! weeeeeeee! eek! love you!

Cara said...

My advice for filling your house for free is "REGISTER FOR EVERYTHING"...even down to furniture and TV. You never know what people will fo in on to get you. Seriously. Also, you'll be surprised what comes up in conversation and what people have to give for free that is very helpful. We've only paid for our couch and a desk...everything else was free. Oh, and Gift Cards go a long way... :)

Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie too.

Em